- Write down their daily steps on their score card.
- At the end of each week they add up their individual, bonus and challenge steps and record the total on their score card.
- Send their team leader their total steps for the week.
- Add up the team's total steps and record this on the team score card.
- Use the step converter to calculate the number of places their team moves forward for the week.
- Move the team's playing piece forward on the Move Aotearoa team board.
- Let their team know which destination they have reached.
If a family member or friend accompanies a participant on an activity, they receive 1000 bonus steps (maximum 1000 bonus steps per day). Each week there is also an optional challenge provided on the individual score cards. If participants successfully achieve the challenge that week they gain the challenge steps.
The following is available to the coordinator under resources:
- Move Aotearoa team board
- Individual score cards
- Team score cards
- Team playing pieces
Coordinators need to ensure that all teams receive a team score card, a playing piece and that each participant has an individual score card. The Move Aotearoa team board should be placed in a communal area so that all participants can view their progress.
During the challenge it is a great idea to promote local physical activity opportunities to support participants to get more active.
Incentives can also be a useful way to keep participant's motivated throughout the challenge. There are lots of different ways you can recognise participants. Try and think about how you could acknowledge participants and reward them for their efforts.